Terms and conditions for providers
Terms and conditions for providers
By ticking the relevant box when registering as an accommodation provider to Charles Sturt University’s Off-Campus Accommodation service, you are deemed to have accepted the below terms and conditions.
The Charles Sturt Off-Campus Accommodation service website operates as an information exchange service only.
The University does not match students to accommodation offered within the Off-Campus Accommodation service website, nor does it guarantee that you will find tenants as a result of using the website.
The University does not endorse nor make any representations or warranties as to the suitability of you as an accommodation provider or any of your accommodation listed on the Off-Campus Accommodation service website.
The University accepts no liability arising out of the acceptance of any accommodation offer or any arrangement or contract in respect of any accommodation.
The University makes no representations or warranties to you in relation to any enquiries, arrangements or otherwise which are purportedly made by a student.
Accommodation provider’s responsibilities:
It is your responsibility to provide accurate and current information when submitting an advertisement to the Off-Campus Accommodation service website. It is expected that persons seeking accommodation will be dealt with in accordance to the relevant conditions under the Residential Tenancies Act and other relevant State legislation pertaining to accommodation standards, rental agreements and bond.
You must make your own assessment of a student's character, financial means and/or suitability as a tenant. Any lease arrangement negotiated between a student and you is the responsibility of the parties involved.
You must comply with your legislative responsibilities as a landlord which include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure the property/room is in a clean and habitable state
- Provide rent receipts and keep records of rental payments
- Not attend the premises without notice
- Make good any repairs within a reasonable time
- Ensure smoke alarms are installed in the property
- Comply with the Residential Tenancies Act and other relevant State legislation
Accommodation provider’s ownership of information and use of CSU logo:
You confirm that you are the owner of, or have permission to use, any information (including text, graphics, photos, designs and trademarks) provided to the Off-Campus Accommodation service for the purpose of listing your accommodation to students on the Off-Campus Accommodation service website.
You must not use the name, registered or unregistered trademark or logo of Charles Sturt University for any purpose without the prior written consent of the University. Any right which has been granted by Charles Sturt University to you to use the University’s logo must comply with any conditions or style guides provided by Charles Sturt University to you.
Off-Campus Accommodation service’s rights:
The Off-Campus Accommodation service reserves the right at any time to:
- accept or reject listings
- edit the information included in a listing if it is considered inappropriate, discriminatory or offensive
- refuse to list any property considered unsuitable for students
- refuse entry of a listing on to the website in the event of serious prior complaint regarding the suitability of specific accommodation and/or practices undertaken by you
- remove listings that are older than three months from the website, without warning to you
- remove, alter, disable access or take any other action deemed necessary in relation to a listing which is the subject of a complaint and/or which may contravene the law or these terms and conditions and/or for any other reason whatsoever
- take legal action against you if you contravene the law or these terms and conditions
Any of the above actions taken by the Off-Campus Accommodation service will be in its absolute discretion, without prior notice to you and without liability to you. No further correspondence will be entered into.
Personal information that has been collected about you as part of this process will be dealt with in accordance with Charles Sturt University’s Privacy Management Plan (Privacy Management Plan).